Something Meaningful
I'm a member of the Friendly Ambassador of Chung Hsing University. Having joined the team for over one and a half year, I have accumulated numerous experiences of serving guests and introducing my school and department to high school students. I learned a lot; at the same time, I spent a lot as well. My family sometimes told me not to spent so much time and energy on it; some of my friends questioned me why I would like to spent so much just to serve the school; when I was inviting new members to join our team, some would asked what can they gain after join the team. When I say that the reason why I enjoy serving the school so much mainly is because that I truly like my school and I am happy if I can raise the reputation of the school, some are touched, but most of them regard me hard to understand.
In the beginning, I was attracted by the post of the Ambassador’s promoting post, informing that I can learn how to make up, how to have a formal conversation or expression, how to walk or sit properly, and have the opportunity to serve in the most formal conferences or meetings of those famous scholars or administrators. After I was in, I've even learned how to be professional, not to let personal emotion affects our job, and how to be confident and out-going, not afraid of speaking to a stranger. Because of joining in this team, I found that I gradually become more and more confident. No matter what age of the person I am talking to, I can feel easy and enjoy the conversation. To be honest, this was pretty difficult for me in the past. I used to be a very limited interlocutor. I can only talk to the people I “feel” I will like them. Actually, this is very not a good habit.
I never expected that I could have and benefit so much in this team. Not only it changed my character, but it also supported me to achieve my dream of applying for the exchange student program. If I had not become as out-going as I am now, I would not have the courage to talk to the German president of the university i wanted to go the most; don't even mention to express my eagerness of going there.
Sometimes some people would question me the “value” of being an ambassador, I always tell them and also myself that the serving experiences, the friends I met are going to be helpful someday somehow. And now, I have my reward. I believe that as long as I pay all my strength to learn and to give, I will always gain something unexpected, something meaningful, which, sometimes, can never be “valued.”This is the value of life.

2 個意見:
even trivial thing has its own worth. your journal makes me reconsider what i have done since i joined this club. recalling every mission i have taken truly has some meaning for me. every people i met and everyone i service are meaningful to me. i saw you learn something from the club, and i am very happy to attend this club with you.
I am glad that you gain alot from the activity. There are always something unexpected, meaningful, and invaluable in our life. Glad to know you enjoy it. Nice job!
張貼留言
訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]
<< 首頁