2008年4月7日 星期一

Attitude-depended

I’ve played volleyball since I was very little; therefore, I’ve met lots of kinds of sportsmen. I can still remember the very first time that I found the humblest person was always the most outstanding person with great skill on his or her field. I was quite shocked. They didn’t clamor; they didn’t show off; they were clam and not showy. You could only find them when you saw them play on the court, and then, you were amazed.

Recently, baseball player Jian-Ming Wang has played a role of the representation of Taiwanese. His great skill and humidity attracts not only Taiwanese hearts but also foreigners’ respect. He speaks little. You can even say he is not a good speaker. However, he plays hard. He works more then he talks. Even when he’s now so successful and is admitted by the public about his excellence in his profession, he keeps staying low and works still hard in improving himself. To be honest, I am never interested in baseball, but I’m still touched by him and proud to have him honor Taiwan and Taiwanese.

Contrary, the other famous player Zhi-Sheng Lin is totally an opposite example. Now the hottest news is that he offended a referee right on the court during the play. I don’t really know what the problem between he and the referee is; nevertheless, I still consider that as a professional player, he should be more mature and be responsible of his deeds. As a public and famous person, he should know his every action might has a great influence to this society. Besides, no matter how mad he was or how unfair the referee was, he should have sportsmanship in his heart. How can he react so rashly? This is very unusual for me to see a master of sports has such kind of action. Maybe, this is just the reason that makes him not a master at all.

Even though it seems to be unfair to judge an athlete by his deeds but not his skills, yet in playing sports, sportsmanship has always been a basic but essential element. Only when players know how to respect each other can they have a harmony and also an interesting game. I hope every sportsman in Taiwan can have some reflections after seeing the news and be vigilant ever after.

標籤:

2 個意見:

Blogger emmachang 提到...

I am also impressed by Jian-Ming Wang. Actually, I am not familiar with baseball games. However, when I watch his game and news, I really appreaciate his modesty and hard work. His attitude toward baseball, himself, the multitude and so on does show some postive meanings to us.

2008年4月9日 上午11:15  
Blogger bon007 提到...

i love Wang very much not only his attractive appearance but also his high EQ. I appreciate high EQ people. It is important to deal with matters and get along with people wisely. It is a long way ot go for me. No matter in sportmanship or in other relationship between people. it need highly wisedom when we meet difficulties. Therefore, I will train myself in better emotional control.

2008年4月27日 上午8:43  

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁