Memorizing the Dead
Recently I’ve read a news about memorizing those more than 4,000 dead in the war Iraq. The U.S. president Bush vowed to insure his words to a myriad of the sacrificed, of those who have died. “I hope their families know that citizens pray for their comfort and strength, whether they were the first ones who lost their lives in Iraq or they recently lost their lives in Iraq. Every life is precious in our sight,” said President Bush. During the past five years, NPR news has interviewed hundreds of those dead’s parents, spouses, children, friends, and those who knew then well. Then the following parts are a few of the voices of the interviewees, recalling their love ones.
“I have a hole in my heart. That’s the only way I can describe,” said a gentleman. Trying to imagine what if one day it was you who lost the closest family, how you will feel. Losing someone you love is like tearing a part of your heart apart from you, and throwing it to nowhere. It’s gone. Never will it come back. Emptiness surrounds you. “I feel lonely… without my father. He played with us; he sees movies with us; he teach us how to speak English,” said a little girl. In the war, children lose their dearest parents, lovers are separated, and parents lose their beloved kids. Wars bring nothing but separation and isolation. The most ironic is that numerous of innocent lives die just for few people’s greediness and hatred. War is the last thing I wish to happen on earth. I wish that human beings can someday learn how to love and how to forgive. Make this beautiful earth a heaven of peace.

2 個意見:
Every life is precious and should be respected. War takes away so many lives, and it brings sorrow and hatred to people. Maybe to try how to coexist peacefully and how to get mutual benefit is a never-ending learning to humans.
Sometimes, i wonder why people start a war? What are their reasons? However, i think that no matter what reason they give us. It seems to be extremely unreasonable. Life is very precious. We have no right to make any decision to sacrifice people's lives in such a way. It's very heartbreaking and devastasting. As you mentioned in your journal. There will be a hole left in the heart. It's gone,never coming back again.
張貼留言
訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]
<< 首頁